Pfarrkirche zum Hl. Bischof Martin

Church

Description

Contemplative destination: The Roman Catholic parish church of Witzelsdorf is dedicated to St. Martin. It is located in the market town of Eckartsau in the district of Gänserndorf - slightly elevated at the northern end of the town. The former fortified church, first mentioned in a document in 1444, is surrounded by a cemetery.

The parish church of St. Martin is worth seeing both inside and out - with late Romanesque and early Gothic elements. The Romanesque nave is decorated with Baroque plaster fields from the 18th century. The high altar, whose altarpiece shows a painting of St. Martin from the 20th century, also dates from this period. The pulpit - with figures of the apostles Peter and Paul - is noted in the later 18th century.

Location and how to get there

  • Contact

    Pfarrkirche zum Hl. Bischof Martin

    2305 Witzelsdorf
    AT

  • Public transport
  • Route planning with Google Maps

    Route planner Route planner


    Charging station near the target Charging station near the target

  • Location / Map